Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Same career....different day.

Don't you ever wonder why things happen the way they do?  I'm over wondering about my job.  Bottom line.....as of February 1, I WON'T HAVE ONE.  That stinks.  Don't corporate people understand that there is tuition, college rent, mortgage, etc?  What's up with them only thinking of the company and not the little "nothings" that actually do the work?  What's up with the lies and the not sharing of important information?  I guess Joe is right, I would be a HORRIBLE manager.  I couldn't do that to anyone.  I'm not a "career woman", never have been and never will be.  I'd be happy to volunteer at the local hospital or nursing home and not make a penny.  I'd be happy to clean my house like I used to and keep the laundry and ironing up.  However, kids grow up and cost a bundle of money.  I am going to have to find a new job in the next couple of weeks, and I know it is going to be doing the thing I hate the most.......transcription.  I wish, since I'm being forced to find a new job, that I could make a career change (even though I'm not career oriented).  I'd love to do something fun and meaningful (well meaningful to me).......make cookies, shopping for others, mowing yards in the beautiful sunshine, work at a gym and be a trainer like Jillian on The Biggest Loser (except I wouldn't use the raunchy language she uses),  make cool things with my sewing machine and open a really cool store, open a daycare with my friends and sing Barney songs all day.  See, I have ambition. 

So, I have 12 days to find a new job, and there is only so much Googling you can do to find a new career field. 

2 comments:

  1. God is in control. What happens will be the best thing you could hope for. You may have to wait for it to come to fruition, but it will come. You aren't in it by yourself, either. Remember that! ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you and I were closer.. we could start the bakery I've always wanted, but lacked the ability! A nice homey bakery, like the kind I grew up around. Where you went to get your rolls for graduation parties, cakes for special occasions and every Sunday stop by for a dozen doughnuts! It opened early, but closed by mid afternoon.

    ReplyDelete