Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Well.....the countdown is over

That's right, I haven't gotten any faxes for work since last Tuesday....over a week ago.  I think I have filled out 5,000,000 applications and taken 25,000,000 tests.  Still no job offers.  I keep getting the same reply...."sorry we have no positions right now, but we will keep you on our call back list for future positions."  Thanks but that really doesn't help me RIGHT NOW, does it? 

I've been checking into court reporting.  Wow, the cost is unreal.  85 credit hours at $350/credit hour.  Yep, that's $30,000, not counting in the technology fees, application fees, stenograph machine that costs about $1000, and it's only an associates degree.  Looks like the average salary for court reporting is about $50,000 or more.  However, you have to fork out bucks to get through school.  Nope, court reporting won't work.  I've looked into Medical Assistant schooling.  They offer a 2-year program at a local school (well about 30 minutes from here).  Hmmmmmm, the cost is nothing compared to court reporting.  However, how do you pay for school when you have no job?  Nope, medical assistant school won't work. 

Looks like I'm back to applying online for MT jobs and taking tests.  That sucks!

My next countdown has started.  April 17th my "baby" boy gets deployed.  He's heading to Iraq for a few months, back to Fort Bragg for training, and then he's off to Afghanistan for a few months.  Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be Intelligence Analysts. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep the faith!!!!!! God's timing isn't always our desired timing..... A job will come, I KNOW IT!!!! Remember, a Mother is only as happy as her saddest child! I want to be happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete