Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sometimes things just don't work the way you want them to

Do you ever wonder WHEN things are going to go your way.....just once already ok?  I thought when I got this new job, everything would be cool.  What a joke this turned out to be.  I'm working 40 hours a week just on transcribing and making about 1/4 of what I made with my ortho job.  That just plain out sucks man.  I'm having to transcribe while trying to take care of an 8 month old too.  Can you say extra high stress level?  I dread getting up in the mornings, I dread sitting at the computer all day, I just dread the weeks.  People say "be thankful you have a job".  I know I should but.......working as many hours and only making 1/4 of the pay.  HA!  I've said for years, back when Joe was working for Factory Mutual and CHUBB, that 90% of a job is liking/loving what you do.  Guess who absolutely HATES her job?  It's a really hard balancing act trying to do both jobs at the same time, worry about getting dinner on, laundry, dogs, trying to keep some semblence of a half-way clean house (that's a joke in and of itself).  Then on top of everything.....Christina's laptop died a couple of days ago.  How can a college student survive these days without a computer?  I wish I could wiggle my nose and a laptop and a car for that poor little girl would appear.  I feel so sad for her not having a car at the age of 21.  I thought a parent's stress level was supposed to ease with time.  Mine........over the top.  Joseph going to some God-forsaken place with weapons everywhere, Christina no car and no laptop with grad school just around the corner, Daniel now behind the wheel of a car (well... MY vehicle), my hot flashes being completely out of control, my hormone pills making me gain weight, and my crappy, crappy job.  What's up with life sometimes?  Is there ever going to be a point in my life that I feel not maxed out on the stress-o-meter?  I can't see that at any point in the near future.  I want to wake up in the morning and experience NO pressure whatsoever.  I'd love to see how that really feels just for a couple of days.  I think I need to pop some pink footballs......that bit of information is for my mother and my Ninny!! 

So.........in my next life, there will be no sitting in front of the computer for hours upon hours, I will be a size 9 (shoot I'd be happy with a stinkin' size 12 right now), I will go on 30 mile bike rides at least 4 times a week, my kids will NOT have to go to war, my kids will have a car of their own to drive and I'll have mine back, Joe and I will be able to travel to fun places in the car and on the bikes, and I'll have the job of my dreams working with real people and not computer gremlins.  I hate those little suckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment