Monday, March 7, 2011

My dream of a matching washer and dryer down to the drain

Yep, that's right.....my washing machine died last Thursday.  It couldn't have come at a worse time for the Bautista's.  What's up with the timing here, huh?  Why couldn't it have happened six months ago.  Is there a switch on expensive appliances/vehicles that goes off when the family income is cut?  It's like the appliance devil sneaks in your house and zaps your appliances with his wand at the worse possible timing ever.  I've been telling my family for the last year that when one of them died (no not one of THEM but the washer or dryer) I was going to get a matching set.  I've never had a matching washer and dryer in 27 years.  Sad isn't it?  Does it really matter that your washer and dryer match?  Does that mean that your clothes come out nicer and unwrinkled?  Do the matching washer and dryer meet your company at the door?  Do the washer and dryer make a fashion statement for your home?  Nope....they are hidden away in the laundery room with the huge dog crate and 15 year-old cushions off a long-gone couch covered with a worn-out blanket.  However, matching would be a perk-me-up for the dog bedroom/laundry room and maybe a little bit of motivation for doing the laundry.  So Joe and I set off this weekend to see about a new washing machine.  Another question I have......when you don't have a washing machine, why do you have more clothes to wash?  Why does the laundry basket spring a leak when there is no way to plug the leak?  Plugging our leak cost us $686 on Saturday.  Needless to say, I didn't get my matching dryer.  They are delivering our "leak protection" tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. So very proud that you're able to keep your sense of humor! I promise things will get better! I'm praying every day for that "dream job" for you! Keep the faith!!!!!

    ReplyDelete